Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pull ups & Chin ups

Without a doubt adding pull ups and chin ups to your workout routine will help build up your muscles and your strength. The problem is a lot of people have trouble doing them. I mean you can have someone assist you or you can use a chair as a support to get started. You can do Australian pull ups, which is a very good alternative. Basically you are laying under a low bar and pulling yourself up. You can put a bar across 2 sturdy chairs to accomplish this. But here's a good way to get your pullups in and it works. I have a perfect pullup bar upstairs on one of our doors. When I go up to the restroom or to get something from the bedroom, I do as many chin ups as possible on my way down. 1 set only. Now that adds up to 6 - 8 sets on the day I do these and yet it takes up minimal time and my body recoups enough to hit a good number each time. Let me tell you something. You will know at the end of the day that you had a good workout.

No comments: