Friday, February 17, 2006

Exercise Does Not Make You Superman

Hey, even Superman has a problem with kryptomite.

I have been exercising forever, well it seems that way sometimes. I'm a pretty healthy guy so getting me to go to a doctor is not an easy thing - ask my wife.

So a few years ago I had to go for a knee injury. Having run a marathon a year before, nothing else concerned me but the doctor said I needed blood tests and a physical.

Well we were both surprised that my blood pressure and cholorestorel were both very high. It runs in my family and it seems even exercise alone doesn't make it go away. It helps but doesn't necessarily eliminate it.

My point is this. Even if you exercise regularly and eat health (OK - I don't particularly eat healthy) you need to get a yearly physical along with blood tests. Feeling healthy can hide some underlying problems.

You're not Superman or Supergirl. Remember that. You exercise to stay healthy so don't let something that can be controlled bring you down.

TudeFitness Exercise Zone

No comments: