Sunday, March 08, 2020

Stair Master for Weight Loss

When I do my three times a week at the gym, my exercises have always consisted of weight lifting. About an hour and a half each workout day.

Aerobics? Not so much.

But I came to the decision I should include some aerobic type exercise at the end of my workout. I started with the treadmill, did some on the elliptical, and just walked on the track. I used to be a runner but running and sports took it's toll on my knees.

I saw the stair master and had purposely walked past it every time but decided to give it a go.

Whew! If you want to lose weight and are capable of using this exercise equipment, this should help. I'm fine after 1 1/2 hours of weights but, as of now, I'm sweating and puffing after a total of 7 minutes on the stair master.

I have it on the low setting. I've watched people do 20 - 30 minutes on this at a higher setting.

My goal is 10 minutes because I don't want to do less with the weights, but 10 minutes on this is beating the stuffing out of 10 minutes on the treadmill.

No comments: