Sunday, February 19, 2023

Rear Delt Fly with Exercise Band

 We'll continue with exercise bands. Since I set up my home gym, I make heavy use of exercise bands. I have them downstairs in the basement and upstairs hanging on my chin up bar.


These are the ones I bought back in 2020. I use them 3 to 4 times a week and have never had a problem. In fact, I bought 2 sets.

They vary from light to heavy and you adjust the tension both by where you grab the band and how far away you stand. The further away, the more tension. You can put bands together for extra weight as well.

There are plenty of good exercise bands out there.





To perform the rear delt fly, bend your legs slightly. Again, adjust the tension by stepping away from or towards the anchor point. Slowly pull the band towards you with your arms going straight out to your side. Return and repeat.

Don't rush these. I sometimes do 3 sets of 8 reps with heavy tension, or, at times, I'll start with heavy tension and do as many reps as I can, then gradually step forward and continue until I can't do anymore. 

No comments: