Thursday, December 17, 2009

Perfect Pull Ups

I make good use of my Perfect Pull Up bar and have found doing Australian pull ups to be very beneficial. I use to do pull ups many moons ago but, like many other exercisers, forgot about them. When I went back I found that, even though I continued to do weight training, I was not really able to do many pull ups anymore.

I started doing the Australian pull ups and greatly increased the number I'm now able to do.

Basically you can do these with this setup or take 2 solid chairs and lay a bar across them. Lay under the bar and grasp the bar with palms facing away from you. Begin pulling yourself up until your chin touches the bar and do as many as you can. Try to work up to 3 or 4 sets.

If you do have the Perfect Pull Ups, when you can no longer do any reps, continue by slowing raising up on your feet and stepping back some and continuing. This really pumps you up. I'll try to make a movie later to show you exactly how to do this however, keep in mind, laying a bar across 2 chairs works very well also.

No comments: