Monday, November 21, 2005

Did You Earn It!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You know I'm always pushing you to exercise on a regular basis.

With good reason. The health benefits simply cannot be ignored. You're doing yourself and your family a disservice if you don't do all you can to keep yourself healthy. Regular aerobic training and strength training do just that for you.

Now my little secret. Every year from Christmas to New Years Day I take a week off exercise.

What?! Are you kidding me?

Nope. That's what I do. It's a reward for exercising regularly during the year.

Probably not the smartest time to take that week off - with all the snacks and food but that's what I do. Kind of like giving myself a pat on the back.

Guess what? By the time that week is up, I am well rested but, most importantly, I get antsy to start exercising regularly again. It's a rejuvenation.

You need to reward yourself. Some buy a new outfit every 3 months of exercising, others might treat themselves to a nice evening out. It doesn't matter what you do. Reward yourself once in awhile . . . . .

but only if you've been doing your regular exercising.

Happy Thanksgiving!